[web-devel] persistent and mysql

Blake Rain blake.rain at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 12:55:23 CEST 2011

Hello, web-devel :)

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 19:50 +0300, Michael Snoyman wrote:
> Let me clarify three things:
>
> 1) I started on a MySQL backend a while ago, and didn't do much work on it.
> 2) Someone else (I won't point fingers, he can stand up himself if he
> chooses) is working on a MySQL backend.

Standing up :P

I'm going to get on with it this week; hopefully I'll have something to
show for it in a few days.

> 3) Adding arbitrary backends is very easy, *except* for migration
> support. So it's within the realm of reason to create a HDBC-generic
> backend, sans migration support.

Indeed, migration is the tedious bit. Migration in Postgre is easier
than MySQL.

> In fact, the PostgreSQL backend is basically an HDBC backend already;
> if this is a feature people will actually use, let's do it.

Are you still preferring the native binding route (ala
persistent-sqlite)? This is the route I have gone for the MySQL binding.