[web-devel] base-unicode-symbols not compiling

Roel van Dijk vandijk.roel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:25:13 CEST 2011

On 21 April 2011 06:54, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
> [12 of 12] Compiling Control.Arrow.Unicode ( Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs,
> dist/build/Control/Arrow/Unicode.o )
> Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs:88:6: Not in scope: `>>>'
> Control/Arrow/Unicode.hs:96:6: Not in scope: `<<<'

I can not reproduce this error. It tested as follows:

cabal update
install ghc-6.12.1 (32 bit)
ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.1
cabal install yesod
... consumed some coffee
install ghc-6.12.3 (32 bit)
ghc --version
> The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.3
cabal install yesod
... consumed more coffee

Both times yesod installed without any problems. The "ghc-pkg list"
output shows base-unicode-symbols-0.2.1.4 was succesfully installed.

I would like some more information in order to track down the cause of
the failed install.

In other news, base-unicode-symbols now lives on github:
https://github.com/roelvandijk/base-unicode-symbols