[web-devel] Minor delay of Yesod 0.8

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Apr 19 20:00:44 CEST 2011

I think there are three ideas floating around here:

* Installing to the package database is sub-optimal. I'm in agreement here,
this is a stop-gap measure so we can reuse direct-plugins as-is.
* This probably doesn't work with cabal-dev yet. I hope to fix this in the
not-too-distant future. This new approach should make this possible, perhaps
even easy.
* The browser should automatically refresh. wai-handler-devel does this
already via a refresh meta tag (I *think* that's what I used...). Should be
easy to add.

One other thing that I'd like to do: display compile errors in the browser.
That will likely involve grabbing output sent to stderr. In other words, non
trivial, but not particularly difficult.

Consider the implementation as-is for the 0.8.0 release to be alpha, and
we'll hopefully improve upon it quickly.

Michael