[web-devel] Minor delay of Yesod 0.8

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:55:55 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM, Greg Weber <greg at gregweber.info> wrote:
> I agree that this isn't optimal (and should be avoided in the long-term),
> but is it problematic in practice? It seems that the main problem would be
> if the name conflicted with an existing one- but we are willing to put the
> burden on the user to create a unique package name.

I just think that somehow the user should be warned that the package
is going to be installed.  Something like

  $ ls .yesod_devel_accepted
  ls: cannot access .yesod_devel_accepted: No such file or directory
  $ yesod devel
  This opereration needs to install your package to the user database.
  Do you want to proceed?  You will not be asked again.
  Proceed? (y/N)   y
  $ ls .yesod_devel_accepted
  .yesod_devel_accepted
  $ yesod devel