[web-devel] parse error with yesod's email authentication

Chris Casinghino chris.casinghino at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:26:10 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the email authentication that the yesod
scaffolding tool sets up for me.  I'm using the Yesod 0.8 beta and ghc
7.0.3.

I created a new yesod with the yesod tool and a sqlite database.  I
immediately compiled it (cabal configure && cabal build) without
changing anything and ran the "test" binary.  I navigated to the
webpage and tried to register using my email address.  The email I got
contains this link:

  http://localhost:3000/auth/page/email/verify/EmailId%20%7BunEmailId%20=%20PersistInt64%201%7D/4tia4HBeq0

But when I click it, the webpage reports:

  Internal Server Error
  Prelude.read: no parse

Do I need to set something else up to get this working?

Thanks for your help.  I'm loving yesod so far (already deployed my
first Yesod app! Luckily it doesn't need auth :)

--Chris