[web-devel] Cannot control order of XML attributes

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun Apr 3 13:23:13 CEST 2011

After upgrading to xml-enumerator 0.2.1 and xml-types 0.2,
I can no longer control the order of attributes in rendered XML.

The XML specification specifically allows this - you can
change the order of attributes with affecting the semantics
of the document. I need the attributes to be in a sane order
for reading by humans so that the XML will pass my
customer's acceptance testing.

Earlier versions of xml-types supported this, but 0.2 introduced
an API change which forces attribute sets to be expressed as
a Data.Map.

Why not just use association lists? That seems like a perfect
fit. Or just go back to the old API.

Thanks,
Yitz