[web-devel] Minor Yesod point release: worth the upgrade

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Apr 1 00:06:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've just released Yesod 0.7.3[1]. It's mostly just a matter of
updating some dependencies to avoid bugs and performance leaks. So
from that perspective, I recommend people upgrade at their earliest
convenience.

This release *does* offer one new feature: the "mini scaffolded site."
Up until now, the yesod scaffolder always created full-featured sites,
complete with authentication and persistence. You now have the choice
of getting a minimalistic scaffolded site as well, which will also
mean significantly smaller dependencies. That should hopefully lead to
smaller binaries and quicker server setups.

This is likely the last release in the 0.7 series. I'm in the middle
of converting all of the packages over to 0.8 now. The two main
features of that release will be WAI 0.4 and switching from String to
Text throughout the codebase.

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/yesod-0.7.3