[web-devel] Last call for comments: WAI 0.4

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Mar 30 18:01:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 March 2011 09:02, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
>> Just wanted to give everyone a last chance to give input on WAI 0.4
>> before its release.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> What's the role of the errorHandler :: String -> IO () in the Request type:
> https://github.com/snoyberg/wai/blob/master/Network/Wai.hs#L73 ?
> It seems a bit odd to have this in a request.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bas

The idea is to allow the server to give the application a general way
of logging error messages. Frankly, I don't personally use it at all,
and it was a relic from when I was trying to merge the original WAI
(proposed by Johan) and Hack. Do people have ideas on how to make it
more useful, or perhaps a better name for it? This is probably a good
area for improvement.