[web-devel] Last call for comments: WAI 0.4

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:54:19 CEST 2011

> I'm sort of shocked by the many dependencies (already via http-types) on
> blaze-builder, text, case-insensitive and (really unnecessarily) on
> base-unicode-symbols.

As far as I am aware, base-unicode-symbols only works on GHC 6.12 and
above. For Hoogle, which uses WAI, I deliberately try and work on GHC
version 6.10 as well - GHC 7 is only very just out, and a version
which is basically functional for most users has only been released in
the last week - making 6.10 effectively the release before last.
Excluding 6.10 for good reasons is fine, excluding it for a fairly
unnecessary dependency makes me sad.

Thanks, Neil