[web-devel] Last call for comments: WAI 0.4

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Mar 28 11:34:38 CEST 2011

blaze-builder is basically a necessity for any serious web application
these days: both Warp and Snap depend on it, and I believe Happstack
will in the near future. text is a dependency of blaze-builder, and
moreover, WAI is using the text datatypes directly, so it also needs
to be there.

case-insensitive is basically there for convenience: it's nice to have
a single package providing a datatype everyone can use. I also agree
that base-unicode-symbols doesn't really add anything, but I didn't
really bother with asking for it to be removed. If it becomes an
issue, maybe Bas will consider dropping it as a dependency.