[web-devel] Mongo for Yesod?

Rick Richardson rick.richardson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:02:18 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Greg Weber <greg at gregweber.info> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Rick Richardson <
> rick.richardson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks!  I notice that the mongo goodies such as Array and Javascript are
>> commented out.  I am assuming that this is because there are no
>> corresponding Persist datatypes to go with those.  Is there a plan to add
>> them, or do we want to create some notion of an extended datatype set?
>

>  I really haven't given much thought to it yet- was waiting for the need to
> arise. I didn't think it would be a hard problem to support all of the Mongo
> types, but supporting embedded documents might be.

Embedded documents are just key/val maps of the same simple datatypes.
Data.Map would be sufficient to support documents,  I have no idea what it
would take to support that in a Model definition though :)

Arrays in Mongo are the same map objects, but the upside is that we can
represent those within Persistent as lists.

I should probably learn how Persistent works, so I might take a whack at
adding that support.  No promises though :)