[web-devel] Yesod renaming

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 25 23:35:30 CET 2011

What's wrong with people just pronouncing "Yesod" differently? In my head,
it's yeh-sodd and if it's yee-sode for you, fine.

I'm for keeping the name.
Am 25.03.2011 22:47 schrieb "Greg Weber" <greg at gregweber.info>:

> Michael has floated the possibility of re-naming Yesod.
>
> Pro:
>  * Something that everyone can pronounce
>  * Something easier to remember
>  * Something that invokes a meaningful mental impression (instead of a
"what does that mean?").

>  Con:
>  * Yesod is *very* distinctive, we'd most likely end up with a less
unique name
>  * People know Yesod already
> One other con we had was the re-naming effort, but I think we could
mitigate that by continuing to use the Yesod name in the code to a large
extent for a while.

> Would a phonetic spelling on the homepage help?
> yee-sode: high performance, type-safe web development
>
> Feedback on the issue is welcome. We are probably more concerned about
thinking back to the initial impression someone gets of the framework when
evaluating it or beginning to use it. It would be great to hear opinion from
the international crowd.