[web-devel] Performance of Yesod 0.7 fourteen times slower than Rails 2.3?

Sven Koschnicke (GFXpro) s.koschnicke at gfxpro.com
Mon Mar 21 16:41:04 CET 2011

Hello,

I think your guess wasn't completely wrong. I tested with Sqlite now,
and with that rails and yesod are equally slow (rails 11.81 secs vs
yesod 11.36 secs). But its also interesting that your code change speeds
it up.

(I put the sqlite benchmark at
https://github.com/SKoschnicke/performance-test/tree/sqlite)

My first guess was actually that its the marshalling which slows yesod
so much and that rails uses some clever optimizations there, but I
haven't got enough insight to validate that.

Greetings
   Sven