[web-devel] when we switch to aeson, perhaps a QQ for JSON..

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Mar 17 07:49:57 CET 2011

I haven't used aeson much yet, but it *does* seem possible to generate
objects with ToJSON. In fact, the example given for an instance is:

data Coord { x :: Double, y :: Double }

instance ToJSON Coord where
   toJSON (Coord x y) = object ["x" .= x, "y" .= y]

I'm not opposed to creating some kind of QQ syntax if it will help
things out, but let's come up with some real-life use cases where the
built-in operators and functions are insufficient.

Michael