[web-devel] cassius and tag folding.

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Mar 13 07:54:17 CET 2011

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:08 AM, jason foutz <jfoutz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting started with Yesod and some html5 stuff.
>
> The actual CSS should look something like
>
> .flexbox {
>  display: -webkit-box;
>  -webkit-box-orient: horizontal;
>
>  display: -moz-box;
>  -moz-box-orient: horizontal;
>
>  display: box;
>  box-orient: horizontal;
> }
>
> but when i do this in cassius
> .flexbox
>    display: box
>    display: -moz-box
>    display: -webkit-box
>
>    box-orient: horizontal
>    -moz-box-orient: horizontal
>    -webkit-box-orient: horizontal
>
> the display: get's flattened down to the last value listed.
>
> Is there a good way to do this?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Jason

I had not taken into account that there *are* times when you want to
use the same attribute name multiple times. The current release of
Hamlet represents the attributes pairs with a Map. I just pushed a
commit to the Github repo that switches this to a tuple list, thereby
allowing your usage. Would you mind testing this?

For the record: this also means that attributes will no longer come
out sorted alphabetically, but rather in the order they appear. In
retrospect, this is probably what people want anyway, so I'm guessing
this is an all around change for the better. If anyone has objections,
please let me know soon.