[web-devel] Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] type safe web forms at compile time Was: Re: Ur vs Haskell

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:15:56 CET 2011

forward to web-devel:

WASH is full of wonderful ideas .  packed in a not so wonderful syntax. It
is worth to evolve it.

WASH does force form safety in a similar way to Formlets
<http://hackage.haskell.org/package/formlets>: because the form and the form
read code are generated automatically by a class instance. So there is no
need for, type checking safety

The problem comes when the form is generated and/or maintained( edited by
some people (some forms have lot of formating in the real world) while the
form handling code is .maintained by some other people, the programmers.

In this real case , type cheching is very important.

Excerpts from Alberto G. Corona's message of Wed Mar 02 20:53:28 +0000 2011: