[web-devel] Get Request Page

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Feb 25 11:28:10 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM, Eduardo Ribeiro
<asaferibeiro4 at ymail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use the api of this site http://www.vagalume.com.br/ to get lyrics.
> They say to send a get request with params indicating what I want.
> How do I send a GET request to a page ( and retrieve the json output) using
> Yesod?

I would recommend http-enumerator[1] for making HTTP requests. For the
JSON parsing, there are lots of options. In the (hopefully near)
future, we'll be adding parsing support json-enumerator[2] so we can
try and unify all JSON code on John Millikin's json-types[3] package.
There's already parse support in yajl-enumerator[4], but this requires
a C library be installed.

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/http-enumerator
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/json-enumerator