[web-devel] Application context?

Petter Egesund petter.egesund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:40:51 CET 2011

Hi and thanks for writing such cool software!

I am wondering about how to deal with a problem which is releated to
what is called application-context in some other web-frameworks.

The problem is like this:

1) I would like to do some calculations and put the results in a
judy-table (or a regular hash-table)
2) I would like to serve results from this calculations in yesod.

So how do I pass my hash as a parameter to functions which is serving content?

I was thinking about changing the yesod-code and copy some of the
handling from sessions and/or databasehandlers, but it did not seem
right - I do not want to maintain my own branch.

Is there a better way to do this?

Cheers,

Petter