[web-devel] plugins and internal error: stg_ap_v_ret

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Jan 31 20:11:10 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert wai-handler-devel to use plugins instead of
hint, but cannot even get some basic usages to work properly. I've put
together a minimal example that loads a WAI application from a
separate file and runs it, but this immediately causes the program to
crash saying:

loader: internal error: stg_ap_v_ret
    (GHC version 6.12.3 for i386_unknown_linux)
    Please report this as a GHC bug:  http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

Is this an actual bug in GHC, or am I misusing the plugins package?

The two source files:

MyModule.hs
{-# LANGUAGE OverloadedStrings #-}
module MyModule where

import Network.Wai
import Data.ByteString.Lazy.Char8 ()

myapp _ = responseLBS status200 [("Content-Type", "text/plain")] "myapp"

loader.hs
import System.Plugins.Make
import System.Plugins.Load
import Network.Wai.Handler.Warp (run)

main :: IO ()
main = do
    MakeSuccess _ obj <- makeAll "MyModule.hs" []
    LoadSuccess _ app <- load_ obj [] "myapp"
    run 3000 app

Thanks,