[web-devel] richer client experiences

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Jan 25 22:49:51 CET 2011

AFAICT this language is less featureful than coffee-script, its only
advantage being the syntax is slightly more haskellish.

Of course, it does provides a technique for inserting haskell values into
javascript, and having javascript in haskell code. I think it would be
better to add these features to the more widely used coffee script using
that part of JMacro and/or Yesod's similar template tools.

The other option of course is to compile haskell into javascript using ghc
[1] or llvm [2], but these solutions are still immature. The great thing
about coffee-script is that the language was designed as a super-set and
almost everything compiles down to very readable (easy to debug) javascript,
something that is harder to do when compiling an entirely different
language.
[1] https://github.com/sviperll/ghcjs
[2] code.google.com/p/emscripten/wiki/FAQ