[web-devel] Fwd: proposal for hamlet-like syntax that is more compatible with html

Alexandros Salazar nomothetis at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 15:25:56 CET 2010

Sorry, this was meant to go to the list.

Is there a similar rationale for not having delimiter-wrapped tags like in
Haml? The exclamation points make things hard to read in any tag with more
than a few attributes (say a form), so having *some* way of having
whitespace attributes would be very beneficial. When I show some Hamlet code
to people, the first reaction is a very pleased "Oh, hello Haml" followed by
a confused "what's with the exclamation points?"

On an unrelated note, does anyone know how to make the web-devel list the
default reply-to for emails in this list? It's hard to remember to make the
changes in the headers required to not accidentally send a private email.

Alexandros