[web-devel] proposal for hamlet-like syntax that is more compatible with html

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 00:47:05 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Greg Weber <greg at gregweber.info> wrote:
> I would appreciate feedback from some haskellers. Are there any limitations
> are drawbacks to such a syntax, or is it just different? Does this appeal to
> you more hamlet? Will this make a convert out of anybody who runs away
> screaming when they see a hamlet template?

I took some time to "get" Hamlet's syntax.  While Hamlet (and Yesod as
a whole) is really great, I find those %s just plain ugly.  Your
proposal seems to be better and looks more like HTML without losing
conciseness.

Personally I would probably close all tags, including those that do
not have text on the same line, but I don't want a bike shed around
this point =).

Cheers!

--
Felipe.