[web-devel] Re: Proposed changes to web-routes: query-string support

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Tue Sep 21 16:32:16 EDT 2010

Regarding the query string encoding, this is what I have used in other
code and am likely to use in web-routes, unless it is wrong:

paramsToQueryString :: [(String, String)] -> String
paramsToQueryString [] = ""
paramsToQueryString ps = '?' : concat (intersperse "&" (map
paramToQueryString ps))
    where
      isOK :: Char -> Bool
      isOK c = isUnreserved c || (c `elem` ":@$,")

      escapeParamChar :: Char -> String
      escapeParamChar ' ' = "+"
      escapeParamChar c = escapeURIChar isOK c

      escapeParamString :: String -> String
      escapeParamString = concatMap escapeParamChar

      paramToQueryString :: (String, String) -> String
      paramToQueryString (k,v) = (escapeParamString k) ++ ('=' :
escapeParamString v)

- jeremy