[web-devel] On the state of Haskell web frameworks

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Mon Sep 20 15:29:55 CEST 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 1:37 AM, Christopher Done wrote:

> I've been thinking maybe a nicer route is to have a DSL which
> generates JavaScript or jQuery or some higher-level JS library. We
> don't need to compile *Haskell* code to JavaScript, I don't think --
> we can merely have a good declarative description language in
> something like Applicative or an Arrow. I haven't tried it yet but
> I'll let you know how that goes.

Have you looked at HJScript or jmacro? Any idea what you would do
differently from those?

This reminds me of another possible solution I thought of. Maybe the
nicest solution (and a lot of work) would be a new language with a
compiler that targets javascript but is designed to also interact with
Haskell and be tolerable to Haskellers. Like HaXe, but different..

- jeremy