[web-devel] Comments in Hamlet

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 12 14:04:47 EDT 2010

I'm talking about the latter: inserting comments that only exist in the
template and make no appearance in the generated HTML at all.

The reason to avoid the double dash is that it adds a brand new "special
string" to Hamlet. Frankly, I don't think a double dash is so uncommon--
it's often times used instead of an mdash, so I'd be very wary of doing
this.

Michael