[web-devel] Re: Runtime Hamlet template parsing/rendering

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Aug 5 03:57:34 EDT 2010

Thanks for the input everyone. I've just pushed the new Hamlet runtime code
to github[1]. Instead of using data-object, I've created a new datatype:
HamletData[2]. Runtime templates support *almost* the entirety of valid
Hamlet documents; the only exception is complicated references, such as:

$(foo.bar).baz$

I don't think this should be a problem in real life; that syntax was only
added to support functions with multiple arguments, and since runtime
templates don't deal with functions, it should work just fine.

I'd appreciate feedback on this before releasing. I'm planning on making
this version 0.4.2. When I *do* make a release, I'll most likely accompany
it with a blog post explaining how to use it, and discuss when you should
use runtime versus quasi-quoted templates.

Michael

[1] http://github.com/snoyberg/hamlet
<http://github.com/snoyberg/hamlet>[2]
http://github.com/snoyberg/hamlet/blob/master/Text/Hamlet/RT.hs#L21