[web-devel] wai-fastcgi

Mark Bradley barkmadley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 05:36:23 EDT 2010

I've spent a bit of time trying to setup a yesod app under nginx using
fastcgi.  The server config looks a little like this (statics get
served by nginx which is nice)

server {
	listen       80;
        server_name  domain.com;

        access_log  #
        error_log   #

	location ~ ^/s/.* {
	    root /path/to/static/static;

        location ~ ^/ {
	    include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

unfortunately I couldn't get the wai-handler-fastcgi package to run properly.

Server: user error (FCGX_Accept failed with error code: -88)

I couldn't find error code -88 easily and I am guessing that I need to
set a particular port for the app to run on, unfortunately I didn't
see any way to do this through the wai api? (it does appear the
wai-handler-snap's run function takes an Int...)

I'm just a little confused at the moment.