[web-devel] Hamlet and functions that take multiple arguments

Mark Bradley barkmadley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:49:40 EDT 2010

looking at the code it does appear that your grammar for ContentEmbed
objects could be extended to include lparen and rparen's.  I'm not
sure exactly how this would translate with the deref function in
Text.Hamlet.Quasi (i havent used template haskell before) but it looks
like it is entirely possible, meaning my example would become:

fun f x = [$hamlet| ^(template.f).x^ |]

and all is well.  you could add an encoding for this such as:

template.f,x

this would have the same effect as the $ function from regular haskell.

the problem with that encoding is that is it less general than just
allowing parens and probably more error prone.

the good thing about this is that it doesn't really matter how
complicated you make the encoding and parsing and haskell code
generation because it happens once at compile time.