[web-devel] Web Application Interface 0.2 ideas

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Jul 8 18:03:37 EDT 2010

I've put together a proposal for a new version of the wai package. Instead
of posting a long e-mail here, the details are available on my blog[1]. I
would appreciate feedback to try and make this package as widely accepted as
possible.

For those who don't know: the Web Application Interface is a standardized
interface between web applications and web servers. It targets a very low
level, not providing most parsing. It is meant to apply equally well to
stand alone servers, FastCGI, CGI and anything else you can dream up. It
also hopes to provide as little overhead as possible by making efficient API
choices, especially enumerators and bytestrings. In particular, it avoids
lazy I/O entirely, while providing convenience functions for those who
really want it.

Thanks,
Michael

[1] http://www.snoyman.com/blog/entry/wai-0-2-ideas/