[web-devel] Type-safe URL handling

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Tue Mar 23 15:36:28 EDT 2010

What happens if you have,

data UserRoute = Find Int Int

you need a instance:

instance (GToURL f, GToURL g) => GToURL (f :*: g)

I think?

But the fromURL / gfromURL functions do not have a way to indicate how much
of the input they consumed -- which I think will be a problem?

I believe the current code works because it assumes that each call to
gfromURL will consume all the remaining input. But when your constructor has
two arguments, the first one better not consume all the rest of the input..

- jeremy