[web-devel] Type-safe URL handling

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Mar 19 17:22:15 EDT 2010

As an example of both a unified URL creation framework and persistence
framework, I've put together a little example of how we could create an
"authentication plugin." For the purposes of our discussion here, we could
ignore the persistence piece for now, though I would like to eventually
discuss how we could make that better.

I wrote a small blog post[1] describing the system. The code relevant for
our discussion is broken into two files: WebPlug.hs[2] defines the interface
and auth-example.hs[3] is the actual example.

In this version of WebPlug.hs, I've included WebPlug as a datatype instead
of a typeclass. I don't actually *use* that datatype here, but I think it
would be very useful for higher-level utilities like the quasi-quoter to be
able to access the three related functions together.

Michael

[1] http://www.snoyman.com/blog/entry/persistent-plugs/
[2] http://github.com/snoyberg/persistent/blob/master/WebPlug.hs
[3] http://github.com/snoyberg/persistent/blob/master/auth-example.hs