[Timber] Re: Failing configure in Timber

Andy Gill andy at galois.com
Fri Jan 5 12:55:12 EST 2007

I had a look around at this:

[[From the manual: Couldn't get lock .../lock

This means that darcs tried to access a repository that is locked,
i.e. marked as being currently accessed by a different copy of darcs.
If you are confident the repo shouldn't be locked (there's no other
copy of darcs running), you can unlock it manually by deleting the
lock file _darcs/lock. Then, run darcs check. ]]

But that seems to be what you did.

I tried removing the lock file myself, and pushing and it works now,
and there is no lock file. Can you try again?

Perhaps your local repo has problems? Try a repair?

Also, you could try create a new repo copy of the darcs.haskell.org,
then push your changes to the new repo, then push them back to
darcs.haskell.org.
This is one thing I like about darcs; every repo is equal.

Andy