[Template-haskell] Finding instances for a data type

Martin Hofmann martin.hofmann at uni-bamberg.de
Thu Jan 15 02:34:17 EST 2009

I am also interested in such a feature of TH. It is not one of my
burning issues, but reading this post I thought one could pool together.

> I'd like to use TH to find what classes a type is an instance of, or
> alternatively all known instances of a class.

In particular I am additionally interested in accessing the class
functions via an instance of that particular class.

> As far as I can tell this is not yet possible.

This confirms my conjecture, too.

> How hard would it be to implement? I'd like to help out,
> but it would be nice to have some idea of where to start. Any tips?

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue either.

Greetings,

Martin