[Template-haskell] GADTs

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 14 13:01:31 EDT 2006

Patch-level releases *never* change interfaces, so we can't do this in

It's a pity all this has come up days before the 6.6 freeze.  It's a
year since 6.4 came out, so there's been plenty of time!   There are
always more things to put in, so one  has to stop somewhere.

You can argue, if you like, to delay 6.6 by a month.  But we don't even
know how long it would take to have the design discussion