[Template-haskell] example of derive using Template Haskell?

Sean Seefried sseefried at cse.unsw.edu.au
Fri Jan 14 03:09:54 EST 2005

On 14/01/2005, at 2:53 PM, S. Alexander Jacobson wrote:

> Uhm.  Ok, so I guess the question is then...
> What is acceptable in 6.2 or is 6.4 coming out soon?

It should be quite possible to write a version that works for 6.2
though with fairly minor changes. The main difference is that 6.3 uses
an abstract data type for names (of variables etc) whereas 6.2 just
uses strings.

I realise that building GHC 6.3 is a daunting task. Is that why you are
reticent to use it? Is it for lack of availability? If you don't wish
to build GHC 6.3 then I suggest at least downloading the source and
checking out the libraries/template-haskell/Language/Haskell/TH
directory. Compare this with the 6.2 Language.Haskell.TH library and it
should be quite clear what changes you need to make.

I'd be quite happy for you to direct any questions you had to me.

Sean