[Template-haskell] query functions

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 19 05:06:58 EDT 2004

Hmm.  A full check, which involves type classes, requires the function
to consult the available instance declarations, so it'd have to be
monadic: Type -> Type -> Q Bool

Just getting types into the syntax tree at all, which Tim and I now plan
to do, is probably a higher priority at the moment; indeed, it may solve
the problem you originally wanted typeMatches for.

Simon