[Template-haskell] RE: Documentation fix for TH example

Tomasz Zielonka t.zielonka at students.mimuw.edu.pl
Tue Feb 3 19:40:59 EST 2004

Hi!

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 01:19:16PM -0500, Gregory Wright wrote:

> I'm starting from Tomasz's code but will add bit fields. I'll also have
> to add handling
> for mutable arrays.
>
> Tomasz's code uses parsec, which I'd never bothered to learn parsec so
> I spent
> part of the weekend doing the examples in the user guide.

If I remember correctly, you were dealing with unboxed arrays. In my
package there are two low-lever BinaryParsers - one that uses Parsec,
and one that parses from (UArray Int Word8)s. They are independent from
each other, so you can ignore the former.

BTW, Parsec is a really good and useful library, something you should
learn anyway.

> Tomasz's deserialization package is a good starting point, and I hope
> to have something soon.

When that happens, I would love to see the results. Unfortunatelly I
don't have the time and energy to work on this library now. I'll try to
find time to extract and release the encoding part of my little
framework.

Best regards,
Tom

--
.signature: Too many levels of symbolic links