[Template-haskell] RE: Template Haskell...

Alastair Reid alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Fri Oct 31 17:35:09 EST 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 5:24 pm, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Trouble is, that's thoroughly awkward one to implement, because it means
> compiling the transitive closure of all the things in this module
> referred to by the bit you are running.  I'm sure it's doable, but I'm
> not looking fwd to it.

I can see that compiling a module one set of declaration groups at a time
won't be much fun but given the way you split modules into lists of
declaration groups separated by top-level splices, it seems easy enough to
know what to compile:

  You have to compile all the code above the current top-level
  splice or declaration group.

--
Alastair Reid