[Template-haskell] TH bug report

Sean Seefried sseefried at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 22:54:50 EDT 2003

Dear Template Haskell users,

I just wrote a short program with this declaration and got the
following error message.

-----
d_class = [d| class Classy a b where
                 f :: a -> b

               instance Classy Int Bool where
                 f x = if x == 0 then True else False
           |]
------

Class `Test.Classy' does not have a method `f'
     In the instance declaration for `Test.Classy Int Bool'
     In the definition of `d_class':
         d_class = [d|
                       class Test.Classy a b where {
                           Test.f :: a -> b {- has default method -}; }

                       instance {Test.Classy Int Bool} where
                           []
                           f x y = if x == 0 then True else False |]

------

This doesn't seem like correct behaviour to me.

Sean