[Template-haskell] Release

Andres Loeh andres@cs.uu.nl
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:18:43 +0200

> I agree with that.  What I'm missing is why adding 'E' to the end of
> each Exp constructor will reduce the number of looks at documentation.
> It's a big data type. You have to look at it, don't you?

Yes, certainly, but the question is how often one has to look at the
documentation. While the names for the constructors are quite easy to
learn (because they will have something to do with the constructs they
represent), subtle differences like suffixes or not will be a constant
factor of confusion for the user.

I would like to vote for longer names and as few exceptions as at all
possible, please. One letter type suffixes are okay with me, if they
are enough to completely disambiguate the constructors.

Best,
  Andres