[Template-haskell] Release

Hampus Ram template-haskell@haskell.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 17:13:10 +0200

On Tue, May 27 2003, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> What I'm missing is why the dumb constructors must all have a suffix.

For the sake of consistency, if for nothing else. If you have a naming
scheme you should use it all the way or else people get confused and
irritated.

> It's a big data type. You have to look at it, don't you?

Yes, but only often in the begining. As you use it more you'll
need to look at it more seldom. If the names are choosen wisely and
consistently you will also be able to "guess" the names with quite some
precision. If you have special names for some constructs however, things
get a lot more messy.

/Hampus

--
Homepage: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d00ram