[Template-haskell] Template Haskell bug

Sean Seefried sseefried@cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:33:56 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, Derek Elkins wrote:

> First, temporary stop-gap measure:  Just strip that symbol from
> HSbase_cbits.o and hopefully you don't need it.
>
> I've experienced something similar on Cygwin.  There are four symbols
> undefined that causes the exact same error (only with different symbols, one
> is, for example, __imp___pctype).

Thanks for you help.  I'm still having trouble though. When I type

strip -N "__umoddi3" HSbase_cbits.o

I get

BFD: st47zaza: symbol `__umoddi3' required but not present
strip: st47zaza: No symbols

and it does nothing.  I don't think this is the solution. __umoddi3 is not
in libgmp but it is in a few other files on my machine.
(/usr/lib)

Binary file libc.a matches
Binary file libcrypto.a matches
Binary file libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.a matches

Sean