[Template-haskell] Record constructors

Derek Elkins ddarius86@hotmail.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:42:08 -0500

>From: Ian Lynagh <igloo@earth.li>
>To: Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj@microsoft.com>
>CC: template-haskell@haskell.org
>Subject: Re: [Template-haskell] Record constructors
>Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:32:46 +0000
>
>On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:15:27PM -0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> >
> > Now I'm confused.
> >
> > Ian: you are the one who's going to have a go at this, correct?
>
>Sorry, misread Derek's reply. Will do.
>

>Thanks
>Ian

I've made the changes for the contexts on datatypes and records
constructors.  They seem to work all right.  I just need to make a patch and
send it somewhere.  I could add the strictness stuff if you want.  I know
pretty much what would need to change (or at least part of it).

Another bug I might go after is deriving seems to generate multiple
instances.  E.g.
$([d| data X = X String deriving Show |]) causes a duplicate instance
declaration error and panics when compiling.