[reactive] Reactive and GTK- Events 'backing up'

Mark Wassell mwassell at bigpond.net.au
Wed May 6 05:49:21 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am having a little problem with the reactive/gtk example I am writing.

See http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=3718

In summary, combining two events ee1 and ee2 only gives me output when
the trigger for ee2 is initiated. However when ee2 is initiated all of
the previously backed up output for ee1 is output at that point.

ee1 - Combining the event when start button pressed with the event for
text entered into text box 1 with the event for text entered into text
box 2 and then doing fmap putStrLn over each event.

ee2 - Event that prints out contents of text boxes when the start button
is pressed. This uses the events for the text boxes that have been
turned into behaviours.

Is reusing events to turn them into behaviours and then combining them
with the original event permitted and/or going to work?

Cheers

Mark