[reactive] Can we do without delayed switching?

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 26 13:47:43 EDT 2009

Hello,

> (1) Solve the problem completely so you have a purely time-parametrised
> behaviour. In general this involves solving d.e.s so it may not always
> be possible. It also doesn't support the interactivity well.
Not just interactivity. If we return to the breakout example, the
movement of the ball depends on the position of the bricks, but bricks
disappear as the ball touches them. In the end, we are back at mutual
recursion, and I don't think there are many useful examples where it can
be avoided altogether.

Gergely