[reactive] crayon - a 2D opengl curve renderer, with Reactive animations

Patai Gergely patai_gergely at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 26 05:43:58 EDT 2009

> Maxim Shemanarev, the author of the open source anti-grain 2D rendering
> engine, seems to have tackled the curve stroking (dealing with cusps etc)
> pragmatically: <http://www.antigrain.com/mcseem/index.html>
>   <http://www.antigrain.com/mcseem/index.html>
> http://www.antigrain.com/research/adaptive_bezier/index.html#PAGE_ADAPTIVE_BEZIER

I did something similar in my car racing game (currently under
development, naturally in Haskell ;), where the track is defined with
B-splines. I keep subdividing those parts where the cosine of the angle
between subsequent segments is below a certain limit. I also found that
by adding well-chosen textures, this limit--hence the polygon count--can
be decreased drastically without any perceivable loss in quality.

Gergely

                          love email again