[reactive] automatic recompilation/re-execution?

Creighton Hogg wchogg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:51:41 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:32 AM, David Sankel <camior at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Shahbaz <shahbazc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In the mailing list announcement, one of the potential uses of this
>> library is "automatic recompilation/re-execution."  This sounds very
>> interesting, is there more information?  Is this at all similar to
>> "Living it up with a Live Programming Language"
>> [http://lambda-the-ultimate.org/node/2149] ?
>
> Conal could probably elaborate further on that one, but he may be
> referring to Eros [http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Eros]. Eros is a
> system where there is no distinction between written code and running
> code.
>
>> Also, are there any tutorials that show how this library can be used
>> (rather than just explaining semantics)?
>
> Indeed! I'm writing a set of tutorials and the first is already available.
>
> http://netsuperbrain.com/blog/posts/introducing-reactive-events/

Nice!  I actually hadn't seen this before.  I'm looking forward to
seeing the rest.

Whenever a few issues are fixed up, I'll hopefully be able to publish
my code for a set of physics examples & a couple of simple games.

Although, I probably could port over my SDL Tetris clone to FieldTrip
+ Reactive already as it doesn't need any diff eq's.