[Numeric] Announcement: lapack-0.4

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Aug 9 16:30:26 UTC 2021

I'm happy to release lapack-0.4, a new version of the high-level bindings
to LAPACK (i.e. efficient numeric linear algebra).

News:

* Even more unified Matrix type
   Allows for a generic 'transpose' function.

* Support for unpacked triangular, symmetric and Hermitian matrices.

* Two distinct types of Square matrices:
   One with equal and one with distinct height and width shape types.

* Hermitian: added definiteness information to the type

* Matrix functions sqrt, exp, log also for special matrix types
   (triangular, unit triangular, Symmetric, Hermitian)

* Infix operator fun
   You may write a#^T for transpose and a#^Inv for inverse etc.
   Certainly not for serious use but I found the idea funny.