[nhc-users] Two failing test cases with nhc98-1.18

Matthias Kilian kili at outback.escape.de
Thu Jun 28 06:06:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

trying to build nhc-1.18 on OpenBSD, and running the test suite, I
get the two failing test cases below. Not sure wether this is a
general problem or OpenBSD specific, so I prefer to ask here before
filing a bug report. I'd appreciate any hint wether this is a general
bug, an OpenBSD problem, or just wrong test cases.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao,
	Kili

/usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/tests/conformance98/import/emptyprelude
/usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/script/nhc98   -98   -c  -o Cons.o Cons.hs
Comparing hmake errors....
0a1,17
> ======	Errors when renaming:
> Constructor () used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.2 used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.2 used at  is not defined.
> Constructor : used at 5:14 is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.: used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.[] used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.[] used at 4:14 is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.undefined used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.id used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.False used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.True used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.String used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.flip used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.Char used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.error used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.Int used at  is not defined.
.............Failed (bad)
Unexpected build failure: /usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/tests/conformance98/import/emptyprelude
/usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/tests/conformance98/import/specialchar
/usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/script/nhc98   -98   -c  -o Example.o Example.hs
Comparing hmake errors....
0a1,13
> ======	Errors when renaming:
> Constructor () used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.2 used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.2 used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.undefined used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.id used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.False used at  is not defined.
> Constructor Prelude.True used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.String used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.flip used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.Char used at  is not defined.
> Identifier Prelude.error used at  is not defined.
> Type constructor Prelude.Int used at  is not defined.
.............Failed (bad)
Unexpected build failure: /usr/obj/nhc98-1.18/nhc98-1.18/tests/conformance98/import/specialchar