[nhc-users] Trouble with NHC?

Robert M. Solovay solovay at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Sun May 21 06:31:48 EDT 2006

I am trying to compile the following simple program:

module Main where
import System.Environment

main :: IO ()
main = do args <- getArgs
           putStrLn ("Hello, " ++ args !! 0)

I get the following error message:

solovay at chaos Haskell_Scheme]$ nhc98 program1.hs
I/O error (user-defined), call to function `userError':
   Can't open any of:
  ./System/Environment.hi
  /usr/local/include/nhc98/packages/base/System/Environment.hi
  /usr/local/include/nhc98/System/Environment.hi
  when trying to read System.Environment.

 	Have I installed nhc98 incorrectly? Or what is it I'm doing wrong?

 	Thanks,

 	--Bob Solovay